Skip to Content
Home » Services » Services


Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding how Congressman Waltz can provide you and your family assistance with federal agencies. If you have any questions regarding the work our office can do on your behalf, please feel free to contact our office. If you need to fill out a Digital Privacy Act Consent form, click here.

How can Congressman Waltz help me?
The Congressman has staff specially trained to assist any individual or group with a concern, complaint, or question of eligibility or benefit as it relates to a federal agency. Our staff will act as a liaison for constituents of District 6 that have an issue pending before a federal agency.

How do I ask Congressman Waltz to help me?
To request assistance from the office, constituents, by law, must complete the Privacy Act Consent Form, describing the nature of the problem and how you would like the Congressman to assist you. Fill out the Privacy Act Consent form online here or in-person at our Deland, Palm Coast or Ormond Beach offices.

Why must I submit a Privacy Act Consent Form or letter to get the Congressman to help me?
The Privacy Act of 1974 protects you, the constituent, by prohibiting a federal agency from distributing your personal information to a third party without your written consent. A federal agency will not release any of your confidential case information to our office without proof of consent.

Can Congressman Waltz assist me with a legal matter?
The Congressman is not permitted to give legal advice and/or intervene on matters that are pending before the courts. For legal counsel, it is recommended that you call the Lawyer Referral Service of the Florida Bar Association at (800) 342-8011 or visit their website at

Can Congressman Waltz file an appeal in reference to an agency's decision?
The Congressman does not have the authority to file an appeal to a federal agency.

Can Congressman Waltz help me with a problem I am having with a Florida agency or local government entity?
While we welcome the opportunity to be of assistance, it is a long-standing tradition that state and local matters be directed to the appropriate official for investigation. It is recommended that you contact the Executive Office of the Governor, your state Senator, state Representative, or local official for assistance with these types of matters.
Florida residents may find the respective Florida agency or state elected officials by visiting

Can Congressman Waltz help me if I am not a resident of his district?
It is the House’s long-standing tradition that we afford your representative the opportunity to assist you. If you are not a resident of the state of Florida living in Volusia, Flagler, Marion or Putnam counties, we will forward your inquiry to the Member of Congress that represents you.
You can find your Representative at

Can Congressman Waltz help me if I am requesting assistance on behalf of someone else?
Due to the Privacy Act of 1974, the person’s written consent is required prior to releasing any confidential case information. This includes immediate relatives, such as a spouse, parent and/or interested third parties, such as attorneys. Please have him or her complete a Privacy Act Consent Form and specify that we have permission to contact the federal agency and share any case information with you. The Privacy Act Consent Form is available here.

If you are the parent of a child under the age of 18, you may submit an inquiry on your child’s behalf. If you are an authorized guardian or have power of attorney for an adult individual, please enclose a copy of that evidence with your completed Privacy Act Consent Form.

What information will I need to include in the Privacy Act Consent Form?
All consent forms must:
• Be signed!
• Be written in English
• Provide a brief explanation of the problem you are having
• Specify the federal agency involved
• Include a copy of the last correspondence received from the agency

Please refer to the following list for information required to process your casework:

• FEMA Registration Number

• Date of birth
• Place of birth
• Alien number
• Application receipt number
• Date the application was filed

• Medicare number

Military/Veteran Affairs
• Social Security Number

• Full Name
• Date of Birth
• Social Security Number
• Passport Agency involved (if known)
• Date of Travel

• Inmate Registration Number

Social Security
• Social Security number

• Social Security Number

(Immigrant Visas) *For American citizens sponsoring a relative overseas
• Petitioner’s Full name
• Petitioner’s Date of Birth
• Petitioner’s Place of Birth
• Beneficiary’s Full Name
• Beneficiary’s Date of Birth
• Beneficiary’s Passport Number
• Department of State Case Number
• Date of Interview (if known)

(Nonimmigrant Visas) *a.k.a. Tourist Visas
• Beneficiary’s Full Name
• Beneficiary’s Date of Birth
• Beneficiary’s Passport Number
• Business Name (if applicable)
• Date of Interview (if known)

To speak with a member of the casework department, call (386) 281-4949.